Friday, August 04, 2006

Bon Voyage

I met the most amazing French girl.

She is the funniest French girl I know. She is the smartest French Girl I know. She is by far and away the prettiest french girl I know. She is the most caring, adventurous, lovable French girl I know. to be honest she is the only French girl I know but still.

We shared the joys of pepperoni pizza and red wine. She taught me my favorite french word "tonnerre" and I, in turn, used it to torment her. I taught her how to rollerblade, she's really good now. We listened to great music and smoked too many cigarettes, we drank (sometimes too much) but always looked out for each other. We played foozball, a lot, and even though I hate to lose, her French victory dance always made losing a fun experience. We danced a lot, sometimes to be funny, sometimes to have fun. We stayed up all night talking and bouncing around the room on E always reminding the other one to drink water or go to the bathroom.

We all teased her for being French, sometimes just for the sake of doing it. Not a single day went by when we couldn't make some wise crack about her surrendering or having an accent or living off wine and cheese...

She thought Hamilton was a wonderful place, a city worth crossing the ocean for...twice and we all loved her for that.

We'll miss you smile and your laugh, your sleepy look in the morning, well it was rarely seen in the morning more like 3 in the afternoon. I'll miss the way you get so excited and happy when you get a present, jumping up and down clapping your hands and giggling.

I hope you find nothing but happines and beautiful things in the future, and maybe a thunderstorm or two on the way ;)

There will never be another french girl like you.

Bon voyage Magali Darras.

1 Comments:

Blogger Uzi said...

I miss her, dearly.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home